Meteorological Mast Procurement, Installation and Maintenance For Utility-Scale Wind Farm Projects
SandRose has managed the procurement, installation and maintenance of meteorological masts for several utility scale wind farm projects in East Africa.
On behalf of our clients, we have carried out the following tasks:
- Identification of meteorological mast sites and negotiation with landowners.
- Obtaining of permits and no-objection letters from local government, National Environment Management Authority or similar, Civil Aviation Authority, etc as guided by the national legal and regulatory requirements.
- Design of technical specifications to comply with IEC 61400-12-1 standard
- Management of procurement process to select the meteorological mast EPC contractor.
- Mast manufacturing quality control.
- Construction monitoring and commissioning supervision.
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Data collection and data quality analysis.
- Relationship with landowners and neighbouring communities.